More Kevin Spacey Allegations Emerge On Eve Of Channel 4 Documentary Launch

TV

More Kevin Spacey allegations have emerged on the eve of a new documentary about the double-Oscar winner.

A former actor, Ruari Cannon, told UK paper The i that Spacey touched him in a highly intimate way in June 2013, when he was 21.

He is one of multiple men who speak in the doc, which airs on Channel 4 and Max in the U.S. next week, about Spacey’s inappropriate behavior. The American Beauty star denies all allegations and says he wasn’t given enough time to respond to the accusations made in the Channel 4 doc, which is titled Spacey Unmasked.

Canon told the I that the alleged incident occurred at The Savoy hotel after press night for the play Sweet Bird of Youth.

He was given a gift by Spacey and then said Spacey “pulled me in very close with his right hand and sort of turned me 45 degrees.”

“He put his left hand down by my bum and he stuck his middle finger as far up me as possible,” he added. “I was wearing a suit, so he took up the recess material and just tried to go up through my boxers up inside me.”

Later, Cannon says Spacey  touched his backside, brushing his buttocks with an open hand on two occasions.

Cannon’s is one of a number of allegations in the Spacey doc including another from someone who says Spacey grabbed his genitals dating back to when Spacey was a teenager. A third young actor says he was groped by Spacey while on the set of House of Cards.

Yesterday, Spacey vowed to respond to the new allegations in a post on X. “Over the last week, I have repeatedly requested that @Channel4 afford me more than 7 days to respond to allegations made against me dating back 48 years and provide me with sufficient details to investigate these matters,” Spacey said. “Channel 4 has refused on the basis that they feel that asking for a response in 7 days to new, anonymized and non-specific allegations is a ‘fair opportunity’ for me to refute any allegations made against me.”

In a statement preceding Spacey’s X post, Channel 4 had said it asked the actor to respond to allegations from multiple men, and that “the deadline for that reply has passed and no formal on-the-record statement has been provided.”

Spacey Unmasked will air Monday and is produced by Oscar-nominee Mike Lerner and ex-Channel 4 News boss Dorothy Byrne.

Last year, the House of Cards and American Beauty star was found not guilty on nine charges at London’s Southwark Crown Court, including sexual assault, which were alleged to have been committed between 2001 and 2013 and related to four men.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Outer Range Review: Anachronistic Events
Scavengers Reign: Cancelled by Max; Animated Sci-Fi Series Not Getting a Second Season
CSI: Vegas Season 3 Episode 10 Review: Tunnel Vision
The Spencer Sisters: Cancelled; No Season Two for Canadian Drama Series on The CW
‘Bridgerton’ Season 3 Star Victor Alli Talks John Stirling’s “Different” Courtship With Francesca & Teases Part 2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *